Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Karaoke With John Brannon From Negative Approach

Posted by on Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Oh man. Here's a clip of John Brannon from Negative Approach (+ Laughing Hyenas & Easy Action) singing Alice Cooper's "I'm Eighteen" at Kajun's Pub in New Orleans last June:

I know that this will probably only appeal to 3% of Line Out readers, but to that 3%, it's going to be really appealing. On this topic, do we need to bring back Youth Crew Tuesday? If so, it should probably be expanded to hardcore in general, not just youth crew hardcore. Suggestions? Anyone?

There's a clip of Negative Approach doing "Can't Tell No One" after the jump.

H/T: Mike Bulington. Thanks, Mike!

Comments (5) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
geoff teardrop 1
well i must be part of the 3%

also yes to more posts about old hardcore + marginal music

gimme danger

Posted by geoff teardrop http://twitter.com/wipess on September 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM · Report this
Funny story about John Brannon. Or maybe it is not interesting at all. But I am a huge Laughing Hyenas fan and kinda pseudo-stalked Larrisa Strickland (I say pseudo-stalked because it isn't like I drove to Michigan and stood outside her trailer waiting for her to kick her kids out into the yard so she could nod in peace, though, I bet that would have been cool and easy to accomplish). Really all I did was show up early and try to get her to let me watch her inject haaaaaron into her skinny veins.

But back to Brannon. I was sitting in a local wine bar trying to drown my considerable sorrows with some cheap red wine. I kept looking up and seeing this pasty guy staring bullets into me. He had the greasy hair and bag boy stare of Tom Dark. I just figured Tom had forgotten his bifocals which explained the squitiness and was listening to one of his colleagues regal him with the stock lists of the freezer section, which accounted for his frowns.

Turns out that it was John Brannon sitting on the other end of the bar drilling holes into me with those dead shark eyes of his. I stood up and blew him a kiss from down my way. He pounded the bar and jerked to his feet, his friend stopped his mad bull charge toward me. We were is a bougie posh Wine Cave, not some Detroit Romper Room.

Shortly, after this, John got pulled out of the bar through the fire exit door, I guess because to even pass by me would have proved too difficult. It was only a day or so later, that I found out that that guy who wanted to kick my ass was John Brannon. He was in town doing some recording or something with or for Knifedance.

Seems he thought I was a weed dealer that screwed him over in a bad deal. I guess I just got that kind of face.
Posted by rjxp on September 27, 2012 at 4:16 PM · Report this
LEE. 3
yeah! maybe Hardcore Humpdays?
Posted by LEE. on September 27, 2012 at 5:02 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 4
@3 - Hardcore Humpdays YES!
Posted by Emily Nokes on September 27, 2012 at 5:23 PM · Report this
bunnypuncher 5
Also on board for Hardcore Humpday.
Posted by bunnypuncher http://twitter.com/princess_wolfie on September 27, 2012 at 11:21 PM · Report this