18.5 What do you have to say about the 1989 incident involving Washington DC Mayor Marion Barry who was caught on video smoking crack in a Ramada Inn? In ’94, they re-elected him. In 2002 they found traces of coke and weed in his car. And re-elected him. Then I think they caught him doing cocaine again, and made a wax statue of him. He could literally smoke crack and win elections.
Samantha Wood: The part that really gets me is the wax statue.
8. What is a unique habit or talent you have?
Andy King: I can identify just about any aircraft, not joking.
9. Do you like regular shrimp?
SW: I draw the line at cocktail shrimp. They're creepy.
10. What is your favorite song of all time?
SW: "Golden Slumbers" by the Beatles. My mum would sing a soft, mellow version of the chorus to me as a lullaby when I was a baby. That song, and the Beatles, have been with me my entire life.
11. What is the first music you ever purchased in your life?
AK: Rush, Roll The Bones.
SW: Pretty sure it was Nirvana.
12. Pick up whatever book you’re reading right now, open it to a random page, and read a sentence from that page.
SW: "For one human being to love another human being: that is perhaps the most difficult task that has been entrusted to us, the ultimate task, the final test and proof, the work for which all other work is merely preparation." - Letters to a Young Poet, Rainer Maria Rilke.
14. Talk about mayonnaise.
SW: I read something recently that suggested filling an empty mayonnaise jar with vanilla pudding, and then walking around town eating it.
18. If you were a dessert, what would you be?
SW: Earl Grey ice cream with fresh peaches on top.