Line Out Music & the City at Night

Monday, January 14, 2013

Mark McGrath and Friends Cruise

Posted by on Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Are you sitting down? Is your soul patch sitting down? Because have I got the Sugar Ray-cation for you! For just $649.00-$1,799.00, you can go ON A CRUISE with all the hot '90s bands you barely liked even then! Except for the Gin Blossoms. You can't touch the Gin Blossoms. Anyway, I think we should go.

The money saved on the making of this graphic will go directly to McGraths tip-bleaching expenses.
  • The money saved on the making of this graphic will go directly to Mark McGrath's tip-bleaching expenses.

From the cruise website FAQ page

What is included in the price?

1. Live music every night featuring a great lineup!
2. A nightly show in the Dynasty Lounge Theater.
3. Performances around the ship.
4. Q and A sessions.
5. Opportunities to get up close and personal with musical guests.
6. Surprise jam sessions
7. And other surprises

Surprise jam sessions?? Other surprises? AAAARRRGH the suspense! My birthday is right in the middle of this magic, so I'm going to need someone to start a Kickstarter/series of benefit shows to cover the tickets. You're all invited. Should we do this? Do you think Everclear is mad?

Comments (35) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
matt 1
I like that my view at this moment shows a Sum 41 ad right below this post. When's that cruise happening? 2015ish?
Posted by matt on January 14, 2013 at 4:08 PM · Report this
worst week ever.
Posted by Conrad McMasters on January 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM · Report this
Wicked Virgin 3
Please let this be a plot to somehow sink that ship and better humanity.
Posted by Wicked Virgin http://goo.gl/nBxVY on January 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM · Report this
geoff teardrop 4
im only coming aboard if guy fieri is doing the catering
Posted by geoff teardrop http://twitter.com/wipess on January 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 5
@4 - HAHAHA you are so right ! Who do we need to call to get the ball rolling on that?
Posted by Emily Nokes on January 14, 2013 at 5:41 PM · Report this
Will in Seattle 6
Spin Doctors.

that or a certain Canadian pop sensation singing her song "Let's Go To The Mall" ...
Posted by Will in Seattle http://www.facebook.com/WillSeattle on January 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM · Report this
aw, I'm glad to see that vertical horizon is getting work =/
Posted by six five on January 14, 2013 at 6:37 PM · Report this
Seriously, this made me laugh really hard. Also, I smell sex and candy.
Posted by MLM on January 14, 2013 at 7:09 PM · Report this
Wow. This is sad. Just really, really sad.
Posted by Racing Turtles on January 14, 2013 at 7:31 PM · Report this
raku 10
I feel like I'm on a 90's music cruise blog whenever I click through to Line Out.
Posted by raku on January 14, 2013 at 9:02 PM · Report this
I would drink heavily with David Lowery on such a cruise, commiserating with his present station in life. Why is he mixed up with the Marcy Playground or the Sugar Ray? Forget Camper Van Beethoven - even Cracker's radio-friendly early 90's oeuvre is like fucking Beethoven compared to Smash Mouth or the Gin Blossom.
Posted by The Day That Lassie Went to the Moon on January 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM · Report this
Westlake, son! 12
Smash Mouth is great live and they have a solid pile of hit songs & covers. I would pay to see them again. Spin Doctors and Vertical Horizon not so much.

And wikipedia confirms the Gin Blossoms guy that wrote their hits (Doug Hopkins) died in 1993. Bummer.

I predict lots of Sex & Candy on this cruise.
Posted by Westlake, son! on January 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM · Report this
sirkowski 13
I felt sea sick just reading this.
Posted by sirkowski http://www.missdynamite.com on January 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM · Report this
mr. herriman 14
How embarrassing. Just knowing about this is too much.
Posted by mr. herriman on January 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM · Report this
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://_ on January 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 16
SPINS BABY! ALL DAY! LET'S DO THIS!
LITTLE MISS LITTLE MISS LITTLE MISS CAN'T BE WRONGEH!
AIN'TNOBODYGONNABOWNOMOREWHENYOUSOUNDYOGONG!

all aboard Bro Bay Fest!
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM · Report this
Simone 17
Is the Captain of the Costa Concordia is captaining the ship?

I regret pretending to like some of these bands (or their one single song that got played over and over on the radio) when I was in High School in the 90's.
Posted by Simone on January 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 18
Larry, I can't believe those are the actual lyrics. I always thought he was saying, "BONEDONNAWAHBADOOBOWANDABONG."
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on January 15, 2013 at 4:36 AM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 19
i like your version better.

The Spin Doctors changed my life. I'll hackey sack with those guys whenever
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 15, 2013 at 8:00 AM · Report this
biffp 20
Spin Doctors got a time machine, and they are now performing as Fun.
Posted by biffp on January 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM · Report this
Matt from Denver 21
I'd rather be on a metal cruise when the virus rips through everyone aboard. Those guys would play through it and still put on a show, while these pantywaists will hide in their rooms until the rescue copters take them off the boat first.
Posted by Matt from Denver on January 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM · Report this
Daddy Love 22
When I was auditioning for bands, I always relied on "Hey Jealousy." Still love it.
Posted by Daddy Love on January 15, 2013 at 10:30 AM · Report this
Madskillz80 23
Awesome, since none of these people will be recognizable, this will be a vacation for them as well.
Posted by Madskillz80 on January 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM · Report this
Mark McGrath has friends?
Posted by J.R. on January 15, 2013 at 11:17 AM · Report this
LEE. 25
pretty disappointed that Toad The Wet Sprocket isn't part of this.
Posted by LEE. on January 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM · Report this
dwightmoodyforgetsthings 26
Cracker is better than this. Why are they there?
Posted by dwightmoodyforgetsthings http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceclop on January 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM · Report this
I was hoping for the Bodeans.
Posted by Chris Jury http://www.thebismarck.net on January 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM · Report this
s.maxim 28
I'm still bummed I missed the Weezer cruise. :(
Posted by s.maxim on January 15, 2013 at 2:55 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 29
@20 you couldn't have engineered a more evil sentence to write. may you be smited.
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM · Report this
biffp 30
I hate We Are Young, and the thousands of film previews it will be in. It's the Two Princes of our time.
Posted by biffp on January 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 31
@30, just go ahead now. I for one love the Spin Doctors and I hate Fun. (Pretty sure that last part is exactly why they named themselves that.)

OOAOOOH YOUR MAJESTYYYYYY
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on January 15, 2013 at 6:33 PM · Report this
biffp 32
@31, I respect those views.
Posted by biffp on January 15, 2013 at 7:13 PM · Report this
Nothing like having your ears shat upon for four days straight.
Posted by UsedDad on January 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM · Report this
Emily Nokes 34
@10 - Welx!
Posted by Emily Nokes on January 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM · Report this
Music has no expiration date. If you're dumping on this you're probably one of the jerks who quantifies music and art with whatever is current. Don't be such a fucking drone!
Posted by Sugarfox on January 27, 2013 at 12:16 AM · Report this