Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Does Seattle Have Juggalo Friendly Record Stores?

Posted by on Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM

A publicist with Psychopathic Records has just asked me this important question. I don't shop for records nearly enough. WHAT SAY YOU, LINEOUT?

Is there a particular record store in Seattle that could be considered "Juggalo friendly?" A place where Juggalos regularly buy their merch or at least isn't adverse to hanging an ICP poster on the wall? I'm trying to identify indie record stores that are down with the clown. Having been away from the Pacific Northwest since the '90s (I moved to Detroit in '99), I don't even know what Seattle music stores are even around anymore. Got any tips?

Mad Clown Love,

Jason, Psychopathic Records

Seattle 'Fam, where you shoppin'?
  • Kelly O
  • Seattle 'Fam, where you shoppin'?

Comments (11) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
yos-wa 1
hot topic.
Posted by yos-wa on February 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM · Report this
I was in Singles Going Steady years ago and the two Insane Clown Posse guys came in to drop off flyers for a show. They weren't wearing makeup but they were wearing giant matching red sports jerseys. The owner at the time asked them if they wanted to wrestle but they declined
Posted by record collectors are pretentious a**holes on February 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM · Report this
I almost said, "But Hot Topic is closed"
There's still one (whoop, whoop!) in the Southcenter Mall

Also, I thought all juggalos were into wrestling. Weird!
Posted by Kelly O on February 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM · Report this
I'm not trying to be a dick here, this is a serious response... Wouldn't having a Juggalo-friendly record store just be asking for half of your stock to be shoplifted by purple-haired 35 year old women in Tigger shirts?
Posted by ryry on February 21, 2013 at 6:31 PM · Report this
I've been to most (if not all) of Seattle's record shops and the answer is a very respectful "no". They are not a demographic that demands physical media, so they are not specifically catered to. I bet you could find their stuff at many places, but I know of no place that fosters an ICP culture.
Posted by grndmstrb on February 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM · Report this
Try Kent? Renton? Lynnwood?
Posted by carnivorous chicken on February 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM · Report this
Anyplace that sells Graffix bongs.
Posted by Greydon Clark on February 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM · Report this
Fnarf 8
Tacoma. That one at the far end of 6th.
Posted by Fnarf http://www.facebook.com/fnarf on February 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM · Report this
bunnypuncher 9
Apparently non of you have been by Westlake Center lately?
Posted by bunnypuncher http://twitter.com/princess_wolfie on February 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM · Report this
Estey 10
I'm having fun thinking of the most inappropriate stores to hang an ICP poster. Wall of Sound springs immediately to mind.
Posted by Estey on February 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM · Report this
I think I've seen ICP posters at the Silver Platters at Northgate, as they have a lot of poster space and aren't quite as curated. There are a lot of places you can get the CDs, but it doesn't seem like there's a store that specifically caters to Psychopathic Records types.
Posted by gi on February 25, 2013 at 3:04 PM · Report this