Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Slayer Fires Dave Lombardo?!?

Posted by on Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Dear Slayer, YOU ARE SO STUPID. Reeeeeally? Read the whole thing here.

"Last Monday, I sat down with Kerry and Tom to rehearse for Australia and to propose a new business model that I felt was the best way forward for Slayer to confidently protect itself so we could do what we do best . . . play for the fans. Kerry made it clear he wasn't interested in making changes and said if I wanted to argue the point, he would find another drummer. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1 pm as scheduled, but Kerry did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates."

Comments (5) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
poor dave, he is the best musician in slayer and he is always getting hosed on money. kerry king is a fucking hack, he played better when he had hair, although i am not one to talk anymore..
Posted by tim koch on February 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM · Report this
to clarify, i think kerry is a hack because he so much ripped off judas priest solo's and stuff like that, whereas dave lombardo came up with his own style altogether. thats what i mean by all that up there. i don't want to sound dumb or anything. this shit is important.
Posted by tim koch on February 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM · Report this
Dave Lombardo + Matthew Barney!

(thanks Corey J. Brewer)
Posted by Kelly O on February 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM · Report this
Grrr 4
Maybe we can at least get Fantomas going again, I hope.
Posted by Grrr on February 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM · Report this
Kathy Fennessy 5
I'd love to see Lombardo work with Justin Broadrick...but that's just the way my mind works.
Posted by Kathy Fennessy http://kathleencfennessy.blogspot.com/ on February 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM · Report this