Line Out Music & the City at Night

Monday, February 25, 2013

For Free: Mercyful Fate + Mrs. Miller LPs

Posted by on Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I spent most of my morning at an estate sale in Madrona where a mountain of great records were being sold for very reasonable prices. As I was happily packing up to leave, the person in charge of the sale told me that I could pick two more records, "on the house." Of course, without a beat, I responded, "I'll need a ladder to get up there!" Geez, I'm sure lucky that I don't have any children. I'd embarrass the living shit out of them all of the time.

MMMF.jpg

I picked these two records up, as they're both pretty great. I already have them, so I want to give them to you. Simply write a haiku about anything (or King Diamond, something else related, etc) and I'll pick the best one and send them to you in the mail. NEET!

Audio samples via YouTube videos after the jump.

Comments (13) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
high school parking lot
king diamond's "merry xmas"
nineteen eighty-six
Posted by Dang that mang on February 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM · Report this
high school parking lot
king diamond's "merry xmas"
nineteen eighty-six
Posted by Dang that mang on February 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM · Report this
Haha, oops. Double-post, AND just remembered it was actually called "No Presents For Christmas." Still...what a memory. :)
Posted by Dang that mang on February 25, 2013 at 9:28 AM · Report this
do I like free stuff?
especially free vinyl?
yes I fucking do
Posted by chriss4 on February 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM · Report this
tabletop_joe 5
Two thousand thirteen,
All think you're a juggalo:
Corpse paint's big problem.

Posted by tabletop_joe on February 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM · Report this
Unholy lip fringe
Tiny hairs covered in white
Kind Diamond's moustache
Posted by paulus on February 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM · Report this
snacktruck 7
flow ebbs to trickle
yet dead? you decide.
ah, hail the scene, fuck the scene!
Posted by snacktruck on February 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM · Report this
Oh, Mrs. Miller!
More should know you, but fifteen
Minutes are now gone.
Posted by MarianneSp http://www.popthomology.com on February 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM · Report this
Jimmy Durante
Loved her but Mercyful Fate
Meat Axed both long ago
Posted by dave crain on February 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM · Report this
I am...I said...to—
Oh wait, you said *King* Diamond?
My heartlight winks out.
Posted by PEM on February 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM · Report this
derek_erdman 11
Geez, all of these are so good, but I have to go with Paulus at #6. That makeup caked mustache image is wonderfully gross. Send me an email with your address and I'll throw in two copies of Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil!
Posted by derek_erdman http://www.derekerdman.com on February 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM · Report this
Huzzah!
Posted by paulus on February 25, 2013 at 5:58 PM · Report this
matt clark 13
South of the border
Mule-driven rollercoasters
Panama Canal
Posted by matt clark http://facebook.com/othermattclark on February 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM · Report this