Line Out Music & the City at Night

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What Damned/Blessed Song Is Stuck in Your Head Right Now?

Posted by on Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM

When it comes to listening to music, many of us fall into OCD behavior. I sure do. For example, Small Faces' "Here Come the Nice" has been running through my head on a loop for the last two days. I kind of don't mind if it never becomes dislodged.

Written by Steve Marriott and Ronnie Lane for Small Faces' 1967 self-titled LP (known in the US as There Are But Four Small Faces), "Here Come the Nice" is probably the best song ever about copping speed. There's something about this creepy, understatedly peppy tune that's endlessly soothing. It's a heartfelt, paradoxical paean to a drug that seems ill-suited to enjoying the sound of this relatively laid-back, psychedelic-soul charmer. And it's a talisman against drudgery, too.

What song is currently burning up your mental jukebox, right this second?

Comments (5) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Leishalynn 1
I went to see La Cage Aux Folles, and "I Am What I Am" won't stop won't stop won't stop. I found John Barrowman singing it on YouTube and listened to it over and over. Now I am better.
Posted by Leishalynn on March 27, 2013 at 11:51 AM · Report this
geoff teardrop 2
saw the word "damned" and the bass intro to "neat neat neat" started playing in my head
Posted by geoff teardrop http://twitter.com/wipess on March 27, 2013 at 11:59 AM · Report this
nipper 3
Well, until this morning when the Blossoms' "Wonderful" took over it was most of the new Bad Powers album.
Posted by nipper on March 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM · Report this
Larry Mizell, Jr. 4
Katie Kate's "Sadie Hawkins" (unreleased.)
Posted by Larry Mizell, Jr. on March 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM · Report this