Line Out Music & the City at Night

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nine Inch Nails: A New Song and a Seattle Date

Posted by on Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Hey NIN fans! Look! Yesterday Nine Inch Nails released their new song "Came Back Haunted," which will be on their upcoming record Hesitation Marks (out September 3rd). Here, hear:

And! This morning the band announced a North American tour—they'll be at the KeyArena on November 22 with Explosions in the Sky. Tickets go on sale Friday, June 14th, at livenation.com.

Comments (11) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Awesome. Let me get in my Wayback Machine and tell my 17-year old self about this!

Explosions in the Sky is an interesting pairing, though.
Posted by j.lee on June 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM · Report this
reverend dr dj riz 2
' explosions in the sky ' ? ...at key arena ?.. that's where the true value of the ticket lies.
Posted by reverend dr dj riz on June 6, 2013 at 11:03 AM · Report this
Zebes 3
I thought they'd called it in and done a farewell tour and everything. How naive of me!
Posted by Zebes http://www.badrap.org/rescue/index.html on June 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM · Report this
blip 4
I'm at that point in my life where I'm feeling nostalgic enough to care about this.
Posted by blip on June 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM · Report this
Supreme Ruler Of The Universe 5
Hey, Nine Inch Nails...remember Closer...from 1994.

Let's see...19 years ago.

So when I was a teen in 1973 listening to Elton John, it would be like me going to see some rockabilly guys in cowboy suits from the early 1950s. (Didn't happen.)

But you hipsters keep with it!
Posted by Supreme Ruler Of The Universe http://www.you-read-it-here-first.com on June 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM · Report this
blip 6
@5, Technically I think it would be like you seeing Elton John in 1992, or Liberace at any point in your life.
Posted by blip on June 6, 2013 at 12:42 PM · Report this
disintegrator 7
@5: Calling NIN a hipster band is laughable at best...

Also, you're not invited. Please continue to infest the cultural sinkhole that is the Kent Valley.
Posted by disintegrator on June 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM · Report this
very bad homo 8
The last time they played at Key Arena, I literally fell asleep in my seat.
Posted by very bad homo on June 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM · Report this
LEE. 9
having never seen Nine Inch Nails, I'm seriously toying with going this time. especially since I was on tour when he did his "farewell" shows, what? 4 years ago? however... having Explosions In The Sky open instead of Godspeed You Black Emperor like they are on the Least Coast is a major slap in the face.

@5

could you please save your nostalgic ramblings and thought-crippling non sequiturs for Slog? I promise to no longer post there if you do the same here.
Posted by LEE. on June 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM · Report this
yos-wa 10
@5 - I'm not saying that they were good, but NIN released SEVERAL albums between "The Downward Spiral" and now. Just because you want to ignore that fact doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Posted by yos-wa on June 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM · Report this
yos-wa 11
Oops. I meant /\/ I \/\. That's how to properly abbreviate Nine Inch Nails, right?
Posted by yos-wa on June 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM · Report this