Line Out Music & the City at Night

Monday, July 29, 2013

What Was the Best Thing YOU Saw at Block Party?

Posted by on Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Is that you?
  • Suzi Pratt
  • Is that you?

Our coverage is still rolling in—there was just so much to see!—so while we continue to sort through hundreds of photos, upload videos, and find just the right words to capture how fucking humid the Cha Cha seemed to get during every set, I want to hear about YOUR Block Party experience.

Was it awesome? Did you find a new favorite band? Were you the dude who puked up/re-ate pizza in the beer garden? Did you get onstage for Big Freedia or have an internal organ smashed during Girl Talk?

Let's hear it!

Comments (7) RSS

Oldest First Unregistered On Registered On Add a comment
Bear Mountain knocked my socks off, my expectations were grossly exceeded. Girl Talk made me feel old since I'd seen them headline CHBP before and realized just how much popular music had changed while I was busy drinking away the last 4 (or was it 5) years of my life. My hipster status leveled-up as I not only knew a few friends playing this year but got to see them front and center and party-rock with them afterward. And finally, despite biking 10+ miles round trip each day to/from the party I only had to change one flat and I barely remember doing it, that's gotta be some kind of record for riding around the hill on block party weekend.
Posted by pipedream on July 29, 2013 at 11:29 AM · Report this
wisepunk 2
Latryx was the perfect antidote to a lot of Sundays music.
Posted by wisepunk on July 29, 2013 at 11:47 AM · Report this
Best surprise was brent amaker and the rodeo. Wasn't expecting a random western band in matching outfits. They've got a good gimmick going. Also the crowd at pony time was great.
Posted by Conrad McMasters on July 29, 2013 at 11:54 AM · Report this
DOUG. 4
Sandrider. Old-school, head-banging rock and roll at 2:30 in the afternoon.
Posted by DOUG. http://www.dougsvotersguide.com on July 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM · Report this
Grizzled Mighty's crowd-surfing guitar solo was pretty rad, as was Dirty Projectors' everything they ever do.
Posted by sea of key on July 29, 2013 at 12:45 PM · Report this
Big Freedia. Shit makes me happy.
Posted by joshholland on July 29, 2013 at 3:19 PM · Report this
undead ayn rand 7
@2: Where/when were they? How did I not hear about that?!
Posted by undead ayn rand on July 29, 2013 at 7:54 PM · Report this