« The Alessi Brothers | Ratatat DJ Tonight @ Hotel Mot... »

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Brian Webber Kicked Out of Saturday Knights?

posted by on March 27 at 11:15 AM

165167391_l.jpg

Multi-instrumental wizard Brian Webber (B-Web for short) has left the Saturday Knights. Contrary to some reports, Weber was apparently out of the band before SxSW and didn’t play with the band at the festival. Weber tells me he was kicked out of the band in late February after a flare of tempers led to some boozy fisticuffs between himself and Barfly.

Light in the Attic’s Chris Estey says he “wasn’t at that meeting” but adds that Weber’s departure was “fairly abrupt, as they were heading to SXSW.” An official statement from the band is in the works.

Speaking of the Knights . . . did anyone else notice that their name was spelled wrong ("Nights") in the Top 20 sales chart this past issue?

Posted by Levislade | March 27, 2007 11:21 AM

geez, kicked out of a band for boozy fisticuffs? if I could count the times...

Posted by unpaid intern | March 27, 2007 11:25 AM

and that seattle times article, whew:

I like that "the wild craziness" in general is a northwest tradition. did whoever wrote it only catch on to the Knights after he saw David Fricke (>>??) there? and where did Jimi Hendrix and Sir Mix-a-lot come from? Wasn't Sir Mix-a-lot almost twenty years ago, now?

Posted by LAYNE STALEY'S LANDLORD | March 27, 2007 12:10 PM

In other "wild craziness" the article mistakenly refers to Barfly as a DJ rather than an MC. Quick study guide, Seattle Times: DJs play records, MCs hold microphones. This should help you tell them apart.

Posted by Eric Grandy | March 27, 2007 12:16 PM

he probably creamed his pants when he saw Fricke walk in.

Posted by ui | March 27, 2007 12:23 PM

Levislade: I did, and from now on that chart must go through my copyediting department.

Posted by Amy Kate Horn | March 27, 2007 1:40 PM

if you are in jamaica, the dj holds the mic and the selector holds the records. but i think the times writer is not from kingston.

Posted by ac | March 27, 2007 2:48 PM

True, true. All respect to DJ Collage.

Posted by Eric Grandy | March 27, 2007 2:50 PM

Word, AKH; I knew I could count on you.

Posted by Levislade | March 27, 2007 3:57 PM

Feel free to mix in the occassional correct inclusion of the word "The" in The Saturday Knights' name also.

I'm glad that guy's not in the group anymore. He was such a creep.

Posted by I <3 The Knights | March 28, 2007 1:18 PM

Check it out, we never capitalize the "the" before band names. That's our style.

Posted by Eric Grandy | March 28, 2007 2:25 PM